Charlie Austin scored his fifth goal in four appearances as Southampton condemned West Ham to a fourth successive Premier League defeat.
Austin broke the deadlock in a cagey encounter with a side-foot finish following Ryan Bertrand’s pull-back.
Dusan Tadic made it 2-0, collecting a pass from Austin and rounding Adrian before finding the empty net.
James Ward-Prowse’s low finish consigned West Ham, who had just one shot on target, to defeat.
The facts are damning for the Hammers.
ALSO READ: Man U Outclassed Leicester While Arsenal Paints London Red As They Beat Chelsea In Style
They have now lost five of their opening six games in a top-flight season for the first time in their history and are 18th in the table having conceded 16 goals.
Southampton, meanwhile, have won four matches in a row in all competitions and are up to eighth.
- The EFL Cup Preview
- Premier League Preview: Mourinho vs Wenger, Chelsea, Mancity, And Our Preview Of All The Weekend Games
- Premier League Preview: Tottenham Welcome Leicester City As Chelsea Look To Bounce Back At Southampton In Our Round-Up Of All The Weekend Games
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea, Manutd, Arsenal, Liverpool, All Others Set For Battle
- Premier League Preview: North London Derby Headlines The Weekend As Chelsea, Manchester United, All Others Feature
- Top 20 Fastest Players In The Premier League This Season [20-11]
- Top 10 Clubs With The Youngest Squad In The Premier League This Season
- 10 Premier League Stars That Got Injured During The International Break
- Manutd Cruise Past West Ham As Southampton Knock Arsenal Out To Secure EFL Semifinal Spot
- Derby Joy For Guardiola, Liverpool Thrash Leicester City And Arsenal Leave It Late In Our Premier League Saturday Round Up