For a while now, the Niger Delta Avengers group have been a menace to the Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government. We have all heard of the Niger Delta Avengers, haven’t we? Anyway for those still in limbo on who these guys are, here is a brief introduction on them.
The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) are a militant group in Nigeria’s Niger Delta. The group publicly announced their existence in March 2016.
The NDA have attacked oil producing facilities in the delta, causing the shutdown of oil terminals and a fall in Nigeria’s oil production to its lowest level in twenty years. The attacks caused Nigeria to fall behind Angola as Africa’s largest oil producer.
I guess we now know something on this group that called themselves the Niger Delta Avengers, well in order for them (NDA) to reach a cease fire agreement with the government, they made some request I would love to tag ‘outrageous’ due to the lack of focus of those request.
Here are some of them.
- President Buhari, the DS SSS and Timipre Sylva should apologize to the people of the Niger Delta region and family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for killing him with intimidation and harassment because of his party affiliation.
- Mr Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of IPOB must be released unconditionally as the court said.
- All APC members that are indicted in any corruption related cases should be made to face trial like the PDP members. Otherwise Buhari should shamefully forget about this nonsense anti-corruption fight.
- Immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference. Otherwise, this country will break-up forcefully.
- The Niger Delta Amnesty programme must be well funded and let it continue to run effectively.
- The minister of transportation, Mr Rotimi Amechi, should apologize to the Ijaws and the entire Niger Delta people for his careless and reckless statement about the siting of the University.
- All oil multi-nationals and foreign investors should observe this ultimatum, as their business interest in the country must be first target.
What are your opinion on these demands by the Niger Delta Avengers. Do share with us on the comment session.