I have come across a couple of persons who happen to have the prettiest of skin which they easily flaunt but are dead scared when they have to do anything that involves raising their arms, the reason, their armpit is a whole different and darker color, compared to other parts of their body.
Now, a dark armpit can be attributed to several things which includes, use of alcohol based deodorant or antiperspirants , regular shaving, poor hygiene, accumulation of dead skin cells in the area, excessive sweating, obesity, certain medical conditions or medications, poor ventilation of the underarm and hormonal imbalance.
If you happen to fall into the category of those with dark armpit, not to worry, we will be giving you five safe, cheap and easily accessible home remedy you can use bleaching the skin in that area to make it look like every other part of your body.
ALSO READ: 5 Do’s And Don’ts Of Skin Bleaching
- Coconut Oil: Known for its high Vitamin E nutrient, it can not only help in lightening the skin but also serve as a yummy deodorant for the underarm.
Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and massage gently into the affected area. Continue massaging for at least a minute then leave for 10-15 minutes for the skin to properly absorb the oil. Once this is done, you can wash off with mild soap and lukewarm water. Repeat this twice daily until you get the desired result.
2. Lemon: For its effectiveness in lightening any dark skin, this simple yet powerful fruit is a delight amongst beauty therapists. Not only does it help lighten dark skin, Lemon also has antibacterial and antiseptic agent. Due to its harshness however, its always advisable to make use of a moisturizer after it has been used on the skin.
Cut the lemon into big slices and apply sugar on it. Rub the lemon and sugar on the affected area for some minutes and allow the juice sink into the skin for at least 10 minutes. Once this is done, you can then wash off with warm water. This should be done on a daily bases.
3. Baking Soda: This cheap yet effective product can help lighten any dark underarm in no time. It helps remove dead skin cells, which is one of the primary causes of dark armpits and also helps unclog skin pores.
Mis 2 tablespoons of baking powder with water to form a thick paste. Rub mixture on the affected area and gently scrub for at least 2 minutes before washing off. Pat the area thoroughly dry when done. Repeat several times within the week.
4. Orange skin: This not only helps lighten your skin, but also exfoliate, which is an added advantage to achieve a well blended skin.
Get some of the orange skin and sun dry until very very dry, grind into a paste and mix with milk and rose water. Gently scrub your dark armpit with the mixture and rinse with lukewarm water thereafter. Repeat process several times a week for fast result.
5. Potatoes: They have natural lightening agents in them to effectively bleach your dark underarms, and the good part it will not irritate your skin.
Simply cut your potatoes into thin slices and rub on the affected area. Massage the juice in for about 15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure twice daily for a faster result.