Cesc Fabregas has taken the sensational step of denying he has fallen out with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte.
The Spain midfielder has not started any of Chelsea’s opening three Premier League games – which have left them with maximum points – and has only appeared from the bench in one game, against Watford.
While he did feature in the EFL Cup last week, the 29-year-old was left on the bench for the visit of Burnley on Saturday. Fabregas took to his Twitter account to insist that he had no issues with the Italian manager.
The 29-year-old wrote: ‘Contrary to what has been written, the manager and I have a good relationship and he has NEVER told me that I can leave.He said that he counts on me, as I count on him. I will continue to fight for this club until the very end and when called upon I will always give my very best. I’m fully committed to @ChelseaFC and my only goal is to help them win football matches.’