So many people complain about their lips being too dark thus the search for a pinker lips leads them to trying all sorts of expensive to dangerous products.
Some people are so disturbed by this part of their body they even turn to the products sold at Ikeja under bridge just to have any ill colored lip shade order than a dark one that sometimes makes people think they have smoked all their lives.
We should first note that dark lips are caused by so many things to include:
- Cigarette toxins
- Sucking on lips
- Caffeinated beverages
- Chlorinated water
- Sun exposure or humid temperatures
- Poor or unbalanced diet
- Low-quality cosmetics
- Allergic reactions
- Hormonal imbalances
- Overuse of fluoride
- Vitamin deficiency
- Improper lifestyle habits
Having listed some of the cases of darker lips, lets dive right in on the steps to take to prep your lips for home remedy products that will help you achieve a rose colored lips.
- Exfoliate your lips: This can be done with a little Vaseline applied thinly on your lips after brushing and using a baby tooth brush to scrub away dead cells.
- Massage your lips: This should be done every night with almond oil. This will help rejuvenate the dead skin and leave it moisturized and soft
After successfully prepping your lips then begin your home remedy treatment for a rosy soft lips
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice should be applied overnight and washed out in the morning., Remember, prepping your lips before will enable its not chapped so applying lemon on it overnight shouldn’t hurt. This should be done for at least a month.
- Lemon and sugar: Simply put some sugar on top one half of a sliced lemon and rub on the lips daily. This should be done repeatedly until results are visible.
- Lemon, Glycerin and honey: mix 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of glycerin, 1/2 teaspoon of honey together. Apply mixture on lips everything and wash off in the morning. Repeat until results are visible.
- Strawberries and baking soda: Strawberries are known for their lightening effect coupled with the fact that they are loaded with anti-oxidants and minerals. They also prevent the destruction of collagen and the formation of the wrinkles. Simply mix 5 crushed strawberries with two teaspoons of baking soda. Apply on your lips overnight and wash off in the morning. Repeat this procedure nightly until results are visible.
- Almond and milk: Get powdered almond and milk in a bowl and mix together. Apply on lips and massage for 2-3 minutes. Allow it dry afterwards and then rinse off. Repeat daily until results are visible.