Barely two week to the governorship primary election of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Chairman of the party, Mr. Isaac Kekemeke has been suspended for alleged anti-party activities.
Some disgruntled members of the party stormed the party secretariat yesterday morning shutting all entrances, chanting war songs and preventing the chairman from gaining access to his office.
As at the time of filing this report, the state secretariat of the party was still under lock and key while the aggrieved members dared the chairman to come near the building.
Earlier yesterday in a statement made available to journalists in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Movement Against Imposition (MAI) signed by the convener, Mr. Tolu Babaleye, the Secretary, Mr. Adelokiki Francis and Mr. Gbenga Ajayi, the Public Relations Officer, demanded the sack of Kekemeke.
Babaleye accused Kekemeke of enforcing the endorsement of one of the 25 governorship aspirants of the party as the candidate in the primary poll, as being directed by APC national leader, Senator Ahmed Tinubu.
- Saraki To Return To PDP – Oyedepo
- PDP Prominent Leaders Absent From South-West Zonal Congress
- Breaking News: Ondo Election: APC Picks Rotimi Akeredolu As Governorship Candidate
- Tinubu In Fresh Clash With APC Leader, Demands His Immediate Resignation
- APC Will Not Sacrifice Senate Presidency – Odigie-Oyegun
- Rivers PDP Alleges Plot By APC To Arrest Party Leader
- Nigerians Can’t Wait For The Return Of PDP – Wike
- Bolaji Abdullahi Appointed As APC’s New Spokesman
- Edo Election: ‘Inec Forged Results In Favor Of APC’ – 4 Candidates Cry Out
- HumourMeWednesday: 4 Epic Blunders Of ‘Lie’ Mohammed