Ali made this known this in Lagos while responding to a request by the president of the Beninoise Rice Millers’ Association, Alhaja Karamatou Ibironke for a review of the law on rice imports.
He maintained that the federal government would not review laws banning importation of rice into the country through its numerous borders.
“We have not out-rightly placed a ban on importation of rice, what government did was to outlaw its importation through the land borders because at the borders we do not have equipment to check if it has expired or not. But at the seaports we have all the equipment needed to carry out these checks,” the NSC boss said.
- Nigeria’s Rice Imports Drop By 300,000 Metric Tons
- It Is Ridiculous For Nigeria To Import Rice – Japanese Agency Boss Kitaoka
- Prices Of Garri, Rice And Tomatoes Hiked In Lagos
- Konga Nigeria Sacks Unproductive Employees
- Nigeria May Soon Become Exporter Of Rice – CBN
- IMF Hails Nigeria’s Decision To End Currency Peg
- 14 Airlines Pull Out Of Nigeria Over Forex Hike
- Dangote Commences Construction Of Concrete Roads In 5 States
- IMF Cuts Growth Forecast For Nigeria
- Nigeria To Borrow More From Foreign Markets Henceforth- Kemi Adeosun