Yes, as ladies, we have so many things we worry about when its time to go on our first date with that one dude, who finally looked our way.
From hair, to makeup to the appropriate outfit for the date, the list is endless on our worries for the perfect first date.
However, there is a particular thing most girls do not place on that list, the food to order. So many ladies, do not see this as a necessity, but you will be shocked to know just how many ladies have lost the chance of dating a guy due to the food that they ordered on their first date together.
Now, get this, I know some of us will want to argue that a man who wants you must accept everything about you, but no darling, not on a first date.
First date is like the intro to knowing if a second date could happen before eventually deciding on Okay fine, lets start a relationship.
Having said that, here are 8 Nigerian foods every lady must steer clear off on a first date.
- Beans: from moi-moi, to akara to whatever meal beans is used in making, ladies, please do steer clear. I spoke to a couple of men who had this food as the first no-no on a first date. Beans upset your stomach which ultimately causes gas…need I say more.
- Spaghetti: This meal is a no no on a first date. No one, and I mean no one wants to see you slurping down long strands of wet spaghetti on a first date, its just no cute, so please avoid this food.
- Eba and whatever kind of soup: We get it, you want to claim original and not fake ass, but sweetie, We’d rather you claim fake if it has to do with you ordering eba. Yes, this might sound strange, but I spoke to a few guys who confirmed that some ladies they actually took out for the first time, had no other meal on their mind except eba and okro soup. You can imagine the slimming mess right?
- Leafy Salad: So you are on a diet, and do not want carbs so as to maintain your weight, so salad is the best option, ahhhh, nah! Leafy salad with huge residues left in your tooth at the end of the meal…no no miss.
- Spicy food: We get it, you area Yoruba girl and you juts must have spicy food..,but am guessing you never thought that spicy meal you just ordered would be extra ordinarily spicy as you are not the cook. Not only will spicy meals cause you to sweat which would eventually ruin your makeup, it will also give you watery eye and running nose and girl, that look ain’t cute.
ALSO READ: 10 Fat Burning Nigerian Food Every Weight Watcher Must Eat
- Any meal with raw onion and garlic: every first date comes with a bit of intimacy…imagine him wanting to give you a goodnight kiss and your breath reeks of onion or garlic….not much needs to be said on this.stay safe and steer clear
- Big Gooey burger: Burgers come in different variations. Some are inevitably messy as one bite could have your fingers, clothes and your side of the table all toppled over with ketchup, mayonnaise and whatever has been placed in the burger.
- The Most expensive thing: So you want him to know you are no cheap girl and have dined and wined in expensive places, so to drive your point home, you go for the most expensive thing on the list. Honey, he isn’t married to you yet, calm yourself down and make him know you are the ride and die kind of lady, not the gold digging type. You never know if he had been saving all week just to take you out on that date.