We all see this yummy fruit being sold virtually everywhere. To make it even more desirable, its being sold for a s low as N50, for those who might not be buoyant enough to buy the whole fruit.
Now, a lot of us eat this sweet fruit majorly to lose weight, but do you know, that Watermelon has even more health benefits unknown to many.
Watermelon is packed full of minerals and vitamins highly essential to the well being of our body. It is also naturally low in fat and highly hydrating. So come on, lets dive into the health benefits of making watermelon part of our diet daily.
- Cardiovascular benefit: Watermelon contains lycophene which is highly important for our cardiovascular health. Eating a large amount of this fruit has been proved to increase and improve cardiovascular function as it helps to ensure steady blood flow which helps relax the blood pressure.
- Strong bone: lycopene found in watermelon, also ensures stronger bones for those consuming the fruit. Potassium is an other nutrient watermelon is rich in. Potassium helps retain calcium in your body, resulting in stronger bones and joints.
- Skin and Hair: Watermelon is also high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A, responsible for the production of sebum production, a nutrient that keeps hair moisturized is also responsible for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
- Fat Reduction: Watermelon contains citrulline which helps reduce the body’s accumulation of fat in our fat cells which in turn helping us keep in shape.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support: Phenolic compounds like flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids, are some compounds this refreshing fruit is known to be rich in. The carotenoid lycopene in watermelon helps in the reduction of inflammation while the ripterpenoid cucurbitacin E, provides anti-inflammatory support.
Now, we all know the benefits of watermelon, be sure to include it in your diet daily.