MMA: McGregor Gets Diaz Rematch At UFC 170

After his surprising loss to Nate Diaz earlier this month, Conor McGregor has gotten his wish for a rematch against the opponent who handed him hIS first ever loss in Las Vegas on July 9 this year.

Diaz who has 19 wins and 10 losses in his professional bouts so far handed McGregor his first loss earlier this month when he choked him to submission and McGregor has decided to take up the option for a rematch.” He was obsessed – obsessed with fighting Nate Diaz again,” the UFC boss Mr White said

“Obviously, Lorenzo and I tried to argue with him and said, ‘Let’s go back to 145 and defend your title. Or if you really want the Diaz fight that bad, do it at 155.’ He wants the fight at 170.

“Even his coach tried to get him to get off the rematch and off the 170-pound fight… but it’s what he wanted.”

McGregor had hurt Diaz early in their first bout in Las Vegas but could not capitalise and the bigger man landed some punishing blows himself before his jiu-jitsu talents won him the fight.Though beaten at the time,McGregor had to stay positive

“It is what it is. I was fighting a heavier man,” McGregor admitted after the fight.

McGregor though was expected to take up the option of a rematch and as expected, does but is going to have a lot to prove that his other loss to Nate Diaz was a one-off and would need a real good win to be reckoned win again in Mixed Martial Arts



Previous ArticleNext Article
Chukwuyem Ogala is a content writer at Edliner. A multifaceted personality with a degree in Economics. He has a strong passion for Rap music and sports. A big fan of the NBA, likes Rafael Nadal and has a crush on Serena Williams. Chuks just strives to be better and wants to be heard globally.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *