Religious prophecies is a yearly thing in Nigeria such that before another year is ushered in, prophets are accustomed to dishing out divine predictions of what will happen in the new year and trust me, religious folks make it a clarion call to publish these prophecies in printable medium. Sometimes, these prophecies take place and at another, they just don’t occur.
The divine predictions of events is not only restricted to the prophets and seer, other individuals in the society are also gifted in the art of seeing the future. Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose aside his controversial stomach infrastructure antics and “Paparazzi” is one of the few gifted prophet bequeathed to the entity called Nigeria.
ALSO READ: 14 Generals Retired By Nigerian Army
Precisely on 22nd December, 2015, the handsome governor of Ekiti state in a signed statement published his prophecies about the Buhari’s administration. The governor published 20 things that Nigerians would experience in the hands of President Buhari which ranged from subsidy removal to workers’ revolt, increase of electricity tariffs to devaluation and unemployment, human rights abuse and anti-press laws among others. 10 predictions that have already manifested are as follows;
- Subsidy Removal: Fayose predicted government will remove fuel subsidy and PMS will sell over N100 price. Fast-forward to now, Buhari removed subsidy and fuel now sold for N145.
- Strike action: Fayose predicted industrial unrest especially in the first quarter of the year. Just recently, factioned labour called off strike action.
- Electricity: Fayose predicted lowest power generation and increase in electricity tariff. From 5, 074.7 Megawatts to 0 MW generation for several hours and electricity tariffs have been increased.
- Devaluation of Naira: Fayose predicted a free fall of naira to as low as N320 to a dollar. Now, ehn Naira is N343 to a dollar and with CBN adoption of flexible exchange rate, Naira no fit Gbera in the nearest future.
- Unemployment: Fayose predicted millions will lose their jobs and quite unprecedentedly, First Bank sacks 1,000 workers to joined millions retrenched from Public Service.
- Economy: Fayose predicted that the Buhari’s administration “will have” no solution to Nigeria’s economic problems. Lai Mohammed confirmed this prophecy when he said the economy has gone out of Buhari’s control.
- Anti-Corruption: Fayose predicted a politically selective crusade targeting mostly Southerners. Olisa Metuh, Fani Kayode, Alex Badeh, Diezani Maduekwe among others are PDP Southerners.
- Removal Of Saraki: Fayose predicted renewed effort to remove Senate President, Bukola Saraki, The Code of Conduct Tribunal is currently hosting Saraki on a day-to-day trial.
- Human Rights Violation: Fayose predicted rise in human rights abuse and disobedience to court orders. Interestingly, Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu were granted bail and re-arrested.
- Hardship: Fayose predicted Nigerians will experience more economic hardship under Buhari’s administration. From “Change” to “Chains” to demonstrate increased economic hardship experienced by Nigerians.
On Boko Haram and Shiites dominance, forceful control of South-South states, Economic Policy, Anti-press Law and court sacking of Yahaya Bello, it is too early to assume it will not materialize. If ten, out of 20 predictions have already occurred in one out of the 4-year tenure of President Buhari, then….Fayose must be a Prophet.
Written by Dosunmu Moshood