Losing weight for so many people is an herculean task. Some people have been able to overcome this task while some are still struggling to.
Now, weight loss, even as it comprises both exercise and eating healthy, is majorly based on eating the right food. Eating healthy not only ensures weight loss and maintain our desired weight but also ensures a clean and healthy body system.
Today we will be giving you 10 Nigerian food which helps burn fat without as much as breaking a sweat. Yes, Nigerian foods can be high in calorie but good news, we have 10 which helps burn fat easily.
Now, for those who will start eating these food, here are two reasons why it will benefit you:
- These food are not only yummy and easy to get, they also burn fat without as much as lifting a finger. Most people get discouraged when they have to exercise while trying to lose weight, but eating these foods helps you lose the weight without exercising.
- They help your body release the natural fat burning power in it. They increase the amount of calories your body burns everyday which also helps you eat well without weight gain.
So what are these magic food that can help you in losing weight and gaining a flatter tummy in no time? Below are the list, good thing you can get them in any Nigerian market for a meager amount.
- Brown Rice: it is called Ofada rice by the Yoruba’s. This food helps increase your metabolism, its high in fiber and helps you burn fat.
- Skinless Chicken: Yes, it might not taste as oily and yummy as it would with the skin, but it still tastes good and also helps burn fat. Skinless Chicken is low in fat and calories and high in protein which aids weight loss/maintenance.
- Ripe Banana: This sweet fruit is known for its high fiber content, starch resistant, and low energy density which is good for dropping the pounds.
- Garden Eggs: due to its fiber content which helps fill the tummy thereby reducing our calorie intake and burning off fat.
- Apples: Accoring to studies, apples contain non-digestible compounds that promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut associated with weight loss.
- All types of fish: Fishes compared to meat are lower in fat and calories which in turn aids in weight loss.
- Whole grain bread: the fiber content of whole grain bread is high. Fibe intake helps ensure we do not get hungry easily as it has a filling power. Thus eating a high fiber food like whole grain bread helps make certain we eat low calorie meals which also burn fat at the same time.
- Oranges: This fruit is not just rich in fiber but also rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C in oranges when eaten as a fruit increases the production of Carnitine in the body which oxidizes fatty acids (breaks them down/burns fat).
- Beans: Of course it will make our list. High in fiber and protein. A must have for people who are seeking to lose weight in no time.
- Water Melon: this food is not only sweet, but its filing, refreshing and the best part can help burn off some of those unwanted fats stored up in awkward parts of our body.
All the food listed above are high in fiber which is one nutrient highly needed in losing weight.